The Aesthetic Society has announced the election of William P. Adams Jr., MD, as its president.
The Aesthetic Society is a leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body.
Dr. Adams is a plastic surgeon practicing in Dallas, associate professor in the department of plastic surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center and program director of the UTSW Aesthetic Fellowship Program. He and his leadership team will focus on evidence-based aesthetic education and advancing the curriculum The Aesthetic Society provides for plastic surgeons.
Other newly named Aesthetic Society officers serving on the Executive Committee include:
- President-Elect: Jennifer Walden, MD of Austin, TX
- Vice President: Melinda J. Haws, MD of Nashville, TN
- Treasurer: Kiya Movassaghi, MD, FACS
- Secretary: Tracy Pfeifer, MD
Louis L. Strock, MD, has been elected president of the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF), the philanthropic research and education arm of The Aesthetic Society.
Dr. Strock is an aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon practicing in Fort Worth, Texas and clinical assistant professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. His practice focuses on aesthetic surgery of the breast, body and face.
Other newly elected ASERF officers include:
- President-Elect: Michael A. Bogdan, MD, MBA
- Vice-President: Bruce W. Van Natta, MD
- Treasurer: Mark W. Clemens, MD
- Secretary: Caroline Glicksman, MD, MSJ