Five residents were recognized for their work during the 11th annual DermMentors Resident of Distinction Awards. The DermMentors Resident of Distinction Award program recognizes top residents in dermatology for their standout research and dedication to their field.
Beiersdorf sponsored the five top dermatology residents to attend the 2022 Maui Derm for Dermatologists conference, held in Wailea Beach, Maui, Hawaii, from January 24-28, 2022.
The awardees included:
- Hoang Ho-Pham, MD, of the University of Alabama-Birmingham
- Sydney Liang, MD, of New York University
- Gabriela Morris, MD, of St. Louis University
- Shanthi Narla, MD, of St. Luke's Hospital-Anderson
- Ross Pearlman, MD, of the University of Mississippi
Sydney Liang, MD, a second-year resident at New York University, was awarded the overall grand prize for her presentation entitled "The Use of Mycophenolate Mofetil in the Treatment of Bullous Pemphigoid."
The residents presented their individual research during Maui Derm "Talk Story" sessions.