Upon completion of its acquisition of Allergan, AbbVie will create a new global business, called Allergan Aesthetics. Allergan Aesthetics will have its own research and development function under the AbbVie umbrella and will include leading aesthetic products including, BOTOX Cosmetic, the JUVEDERM collection of dermal fillers and COOLSCULPTING body contouring, among others. Located in Irvine, California, the new company will be led by Carrie Strom, current senior vice president, U.S. Medical Aesthetics, Allergan. Upon completion of the Allergan acquisition, Strom will be named senior vice president of AbbVie and president of Global Allergan Aesthetics. She will oversee the worldwide operations, along with an experienced team of current Allergan leaders, and report directly to Richard A. Gonzalez, chairman and CEO of AbbVie.
The “Eye Care and Specialty” businesses, including BOTOX Therapeutics, Central Nervous System, Women’s Health and Gastrointestinal Diseases, will be integrated into the existing AbbVie organization.
The following individuals will make up the executive leadership team of the combined companies:
- Richard A. Gonzalez, chairman and CEO
- Laura Schumacher, vice chairman, external affairs and chief legal officer
- Michael E. Severino, MD, vice chairman and president
- Carlos Alban, vice chairman, chief commercial officer
- Henry O. Gosebruch, executive vice president, chief strategy officer
- Robert A. Michael, executive vice president, chief financial officer
- Timothy J. Richmond, executive vice president, chief human resources officer
- Azita Saleki-Gerhardt, PhD, executive vice president, operations
- Carrie Strom, senior vice president, AbbVie, and president, Global Allergan Aesthetics
“We are enthusiastic about the potential of the new AbbVie and continue to make significant progress on completing our acquisition of Allergan,” said Gonzalez. “Today's announcement marks an important step forward in our plans to create the integrated global company. We are fortunate to have a leadership team with a deep breadth of both industry and company experience and we are excited to welcome the new Allergan leaders to our company.”
Image: Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay