Vitality Institute has launched an initiative to increase awareness and education on how to treat skin of color and the importance of bringing this dialogue to the forefront of the industry, called The Brown Skin Agenda.
Vitality Institute is a female-led, minority-founded company and creator of the VI Peel.
The Brown Skin Agenda will operate in partnership with a BIPOC physicians who specialize in skin care for those with melanin-rich skin.
The Brown Skin Agenda will inform and lead key conversations as they relate to treatment of darker skin phenotypes through its website, educational workshops, a virtual content series, social media activations and more.
"Our mission is to provide safe and effective guidance from an esteemed panel of physicians so that all skincare professionals can confidently treat skin of color, and consumers can learn more about their skin," said CEO of Vitality Institute, Marya Khalil-Otto. "While it has always been core to our DNA, we are proud to officially announce this commitment to increase visibility and education on this important topic with these incredible professionals."
Brown Skin Agenda | Advisory Panel
- Nia Banks, MD, PhD, FACS - Plastic Surgeon
- Alia S. Brown, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
- Jeanine B. Downie, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
- Vikisha Fripp, MD, FACS - Plastic Surgeon
- Cory Hartman, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
- Michelle Henry, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
- Sumayah Jamal, MD, FAAD, PhD - Dermatologist
- Chesahna Kindred, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
- Katina Byrd Miles, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
- Wendy E. Roberts, MD, FAAD - Dermatologist
The Brown Skin Agenda will debut on August 16, 2021 at 2 pm PDT/5 pm EDT with a webinar hosted by advisory panel members, discussing the topic "Redefining the Cultural Code: The Myth and the New Reality for Skin of Color."
Registration is free and anyone is welcome to join.