The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) recognized members who devoted time and energy to provide free skin cancer screenings to the public at its Choose Skin Health Top Volunteer Screener awards. Choose Skin Health is a partnership between the ASDS and Neutrogena that facilitates early detection of skin cancer and better medical outcomes by encouraging the public to choose healthy and sun-safe behaviors—promoting skin cancer prevention through free cancer screenings, using sunscreen regularly and practicing skin self-exams monthly.
Andrew T. Jaffe, MD, of Naples, Florida, is the overall top Choose Skin Health screener for 2015, and Riverchase Dermatology is the program’s top practice for the year.
Program participants who were recognized as regional winners at the recent 2015 ASDS Annual Meeting in Chicago include:
- Linda Hua Zhou, MD, Johnston, Rhode Island
- Alan R. Gilbert, MD, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Gulf Coast Dermatology, Panama City, Florida
- Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO, Austin, Texas
- Lindsay D. Sewell, MD, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Yardy Tse, MD, Encinitas, California