The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association (ASDSA) were recognized with 14 awards—including three Platinums—in the 2015 MarCom Awards.
The MarCom Awards competition is administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, selecting winners “whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.” The 2015 competition received about 6,500 entries representing more than a dozen countries.
The Platinum Award—MarCom’s top honor—was presented to ASDS in three categories: Currents as one of the best association magazines, and Fluence as a top association annual report overall and for its print design.
ASDS received the following Gold Awards:
- Annual report writing: Fluence, the 2014 Annual Report
- Direct mail brochure: ASDS Practice Management, Marketing and Social Media course mailer
- Employee training manual: ASDS Style Guide
- Informational web video: ASDS Consumer Survey
- PowerPoint presentation: ASDS Business Meeting PowerPoint
ASDS and ASDSA also won six Honorable Mention MarCom Awards:
- Advocacy group external newsletter: ASDSA monthly e-newsletter
- Direct mail brochure: ASDS Annual Meeting preview brochure
- Educational web video: “Fight back against skin cancer with an ASDS member dermatologist”
- Public relations brochure: 2014-2015 ASDS Experts Guide
- Television public service announcement: ASDS skin cancer PSA focusing on sun-safe behaviors for men
- Television public service announcement: ASDS skin cancer PSA focusing on the dangers of indoor tanning
“From our unmatched educational offerings to our wide-ranging work combating skin cancer to our unwavering advocacy efforts on behalf of dermatologic surgeons and their patients, ASDS and ASDSA have so many excellent stories to tell,” said Naomi Lawrence, MD, president of the ASDS and ASDSA. “Our Society is doing a great job of that, and it’s wonderful to see those efforts noticed by others.”