If you have been following our continued coverage of the massive impact Ozempic has had and will continue to have on the aesthetics industry, you may have caught our most recent update on this phenomenon discussing the ever wider influence GLP-1 medications are having on aesthetics and medicine in general. Ozempic is close to mainstream status and has reached beyond the niche audience, extending its reach into the fitness industry. The catalyst for its injection into the U.S. fitness industry was when Life Time Fitness announced plans for a program to prescribe weight loss injections for members through in-house medical teams, according to Life Time president and COO Jeff Zwiefel.
According to a report from Research And Markets, the global Glucagon-like Peptide 1 (GLP-1) market is set to attain a market value of US$18.75 billion by 2023, driven by a robust Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.48% during the projected period. This is not surprising, as the initial potential GLP-1 medications was discussed by Dr. Johnny Franco all the way back in April, followed by a dive into the treatments being developed to counter the subsequent skin laxity as well as create increased muscle definition at the same time. GLP-1 medications are impacting numerous aesthetic treatments being requested for body contouring to address skin laxity as well as combination treatments using injectables, energy-based devices and liposuction for skin laxity in the face and neck after weight loss. It is difficult to escape the effects Ozempic is having on the medical aesthetics industry.
In our recent survey which asked, Is increased use of Ozempic impacting client requests for specific treatments? 80% of readers said yes and 20% said no.
Considering its extensive reach and presence, remaining aware of how rising Ozempic use is impacting aesthetic treatments is vital to providing optimal care to patients amidst this rapidly growing weight loss trend. Here are nine informative MedEsthetics articles to help you do just that.
- The Power of Structural Sandwhiching for Ultimate Collagen Stimulation
- Ozempic Has Started a Weight Loss Revolution
- How Body Sculpting Creates Muscle Definition in Men
- Trend Update: Semaglutide's Potential Uses Outside of Weight Loss & The Pushback Against Cosmetic Misuse
- The Potential Long-Term Industry Effects of the Life Time Fitness Ozempic Pilot Program
- Obesity Treatment Updates: New FDA Approvals & Promising Clinical Trials
- Determining the Best Medical Weight Loss Options For Your Patients
- Wegovy can Potentially Reduce the Risk of Heart-related Deaths
- Ozempic May Cause Hair Loss, But It's Rare
Check back every Tuesday for a new one-click survey.
We'll reveal the answers in next week's MedEsthetics newsletter.